About the TREE Fund
The Tree Research and Education Endowment Fund (TREE Fund) is shaping the future of trees and the arboriculture profession.
We award research grants, education grants, and scholarships to advance the fields of arboriculture and urban forestry. With increased knowledge, arborists and citizens are better equipped to properly care for trees, ensuring that healthy, mature trees will remain an integral part of our communities of the future. TREE Fund research priority areas are:
- Root and Soil Management–Many urban tree problems originate below ground. Promoting root development, protecting roots from injury and conflicts with infrastructure are issues that arborists encounter regularly. Managing roots includes soil management.
- Planting and Establishment–Survival and vigorous growth of trees after planting are of concern to arborists and the entire green industry. Arborists are increasingly dealing with problems that originate in, or could be avoided by, the planting process.
- Plant Health Care–Healthy plants have more effective defense systems and are better able to resist pests. Complete understanding of plant health may lead to new pest control strategies.
- Risk Assessment and Worker Safety–Safety is a major concern. It can be a life-or-death issue to tree workers and the public. Detection of defects and knowing how they develop are important. Improved equipment and work practices are needed.
- Urban Forestry–Urban forestry is the careful care and management of urban forests, i.e., tree populations in urban settings for the purpose of improving the urban environment.
- Technology Transfer
- Arboriculture Education
Professional tree care, based on science, enhances the beauty, safety and livability of our communities, and helps to protect the people who work in trees. Whether you’re a student, a grant-seeker, a practicing arborist, a potential donor or partner — the TREE Fund invites you to join us in shaping the future of trees and the arboriculture profession.
- Learn more about our mission and results
- Read about our history
- Meet the TREE Fund Team
- Our Corporate Partners