TREE Fund Research and Education Grants
The Tree Research and Education Endowment Fund (TREE Fund) promotes research-based tree care for current and future generations. We offer research and education grants in the following areas:
- Root and Soil Management–Many urban tree problems originate below ground. Promoting root development, protecting roots from injury and conflicts with infrastructure are issues that arborists encounter regularly. Managing roots includes soil management.
- Planting and Establishment–Survival and vigorous growth of trees after planting are of concern to arborists and the entire green industry. Arborists are increasingly dealing with problems that originate in, or could be avoided by, the planting process.
- Plant Health Care–Healthy plants have more effective defense systems and are better able to resist pests. Complete understanding of plant health may lead to new pest control strategies.
- Risk Assessment and Worker Safety–Safety is a major concern. It can be a life-or-death issue to tree workers and the public. Detection of defects and knowing how they develop are important. Improved equipment and work practices are needed.
- Urban Forestry–Urban forestry is the careful care and management of urban forests, i.e., tree populations in urban settings for the purpose of improving the urban environment.
- Arboriculture Education