Robert Felix Memorial Scholarship Program
Please review the following information before proceeding to the online application.
The Robert Felix Memorial Scholarship Program funds scholarships through the Robert Felix Memorial Fund. Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or technical college and must be pursuing a career in commercial arboriculture.
Scholarship award amounts are $3,000 each. The award is non-renewable and no applicant may receive more than one award from this program. All awards will be paid directly to the educational institution attended by the recipient in two equal payments. Mid-year proof of enrollment and a minimum 3.0 GPA is required prior to the second payment.
All of the following criteria must be met to qualify:
- Pursuing a career in commercial arboriculture
- Entering the second year of a two-year program or entering the third or fourth year of a four-year program
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Current student member of the International Society of Arboriculture
Applications are due April 1 and will only be accepted through the online application form.
You will need the following to complete the online application:
- Educational standing and enrollment status
- History of scholarships and extracurricular activities
- Essay describing your reasons for pursuing your chosen career, your goals and objectives, and why you should be chosen for this scholarship (maximum 1000 words)
- Current transcript
- Proof of student membership in the International Society of Arboriculture
- Three letters of recommendation or contact information for people who will provide them (one must be from your academic advisor)
Criteria for Selection
Recommendations on scholarship awards will be presented to the TREE Fund Board of Trustees for final approval at or before the Summer Board Meeting and will be announced within 30 days of their decision.
Applications will be scored on the following scale:
- GPA (0-20)
- Essay (0-30)
- 1st letter of recommendation (0-10)
- 2nd letter of recommendation (0-10)
- Advisor letter of recommendation (0-20)
- Potential for continuing in arboriculture or urban forestry (0-10)
The TREE Fund does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability or national or ethnic origin. Current trustees of the TREE Fund or any member of the family of any such trustee are ineligible to receive scholarships from the TREE Fund.
Reporting Requirements and Funds Distribution
Recipients will be notified within 30 days of the Board’s award decision. The award letter will include instructions on submitting acceptance information for the scholarship award. The recipient will also be asked to upload a brief biography and a photo for use in TREE Fund and industry publications.
Upon the TREE Fund’s receipt of the acceptance information, the first installment (50% of the award amount) will be sent to the recipient’s institution. A 2nd term verification of enrollment and GPA is due to the TREE Fund midway through the school year, after which the second installment (50% of the award amount) will be sent.
Scholarship Management System provided by WizeHive.