Volunteers are the TREE Fund’s #1 natural resource! Support our mission with a donation of expertise and enthusiasm:
Serve on A TREE Fund Committee – Personally and professionally rewarding, good for the environment, and fun! Volunteers are in demand for these committees:
- Contact the TREE Fund President/CEO to discuss volunteer opportunities.
Join the Support Crew for a Special Event:
- Ride for Research to benefit the TREE Fund (August 11, Portland OR)
- 2012 STIHL Tour des Trees 20th Anniversary Tour (August 5-11, Portland, OR)
- Raise Your Hand for Research Auction (August 13, Portland ,OR)
- Contact the Fund Development Specialist to discuss special event volunteer opportunities
Board of Trustees – The TREE Fund Board of Trustees is an all-volunteer body of knowledgeable, thoughtful and talented people dedicated to improving the prospects of the world’s urban forests. We strive for a diverse board that includes expertise in the legal, financial and communications professions in addition to arboriculture professionals. Contact our President/CEO for more information.
Volunteer Recognition – The coveted Ken Ottman Award (named for one of our most dedicated volunteers) is presented to the TREE Fund Volunteer of the Year at the ISA annual conference. Previous Ottman Award winners include: Mike Neal (2012), John Lloyd (2011), Jim Zwack (2010), John W. Goodfellow (2009) and Jim Barborinas (2008). View guidelines and online nomination form
The IRS allows volunteers (including fundraisers) to deduct some expenses related to fundraising for charities. Learn more, and consult your tax adviser for guidance specific to your situation.